Thursday 4 June 2015

I'm So Excited

"I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it"

Evil Teacher Suzy, made us paint outdoors.  I have never had a successful plein air session.  I dreaded it, didn't look forward to it and silently swore at her.  I faced my fears and plunged on or rather painted on.  I had a few problems, I have floaters that drive me crazy outside,  my glasses darken in the sun and I forgot a hat.  I arose above all these potential problems and painted this very small painting. Evil teacher Suzy called it a gem of a painting and who am I to argue with her. 


5minutesfromcool.blogspot.ca

I moved rocks, changed the direction of the path and replanted trees.   I am thrilled because I always avoided putting trees in my paintings which is ridiculous.  It is almost like portrait painters who avoid painting hands by putting them in pockets.  Ridiculous I say face your fears it is so freeing and sing the song and lose control.   I think you'll like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment