This is my first attempt at painting him - just a practice. Here is what I learnt:
- Nothing wrong with gessoing over an old painting but if you want the smooth skin of a child sand it down to avoid seeing the gesso brush strokes over the cheek.
- Any strong edge on the face looks like a wrinkle and turns a child into an old man - a creepy old man
- Children's faces are weird after you are used to adults.
- Use a soft brush to avoid brush strokes
- Lastly if your subject is a child drawing, it might make sense to include the crayon - just saying.
|Ricky with an invisible crayon|
Came over from the DPW challenge to take a closer look. So glad I did. Love your eye for light and color. I will be back!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much - I really like your work too.Delete