Monday 12 January 2015

What if I paint just in blue

I have a wonderful hint for you if you are an acrylic painter but you have to read the whole blog.
This was a tricky painting because the cups were cobalt blue and they had weird reflections but I painted it all in blue (with a little yellow).  



To thank you for your patience here is a great hint.  You can wash out dried acrylic from brushes and clothes with plain old alcohol.   I know sounds too simple.  I always knew that if you want to tell if your walls were painted with oil or acrylic you take a dab of alcohol and see if it comes off.  Than I had a Homer Simpson moment - doh - if it comes off old walls it should come off everything else and it does - even off the only pants I have that shouldn't have paint.  Soak old brushes in alcohol and eventually they are good again.  

You can thank me later.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the hint and thanks for posting your beautiful painting. I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete