Thursday 29 January 2015

What if I use Ink

Yesterday I tried to use watercolour on canvas with no success. Let's be positive as Edison said about the many failures he had  - "I have not failed. I've just found 10000 ways that won't work." Water colour on canvas didn't work for me so I threw the canvas across the room and gave up.  Well wouldn't you with this work.



Well this morning the sun was shining, the birds were singing etc.  Actually there are no birds here cause it is freaking cold, but the sun was shining and it hasn't done that in a long time,  but I digress.  I dipped further into my supply closet and found my ink.  I used to love using ink.  First you go to China town for supper and find next to your favorite restaurant a lovely man selling supplies while he did amazing paintings.  I bought this ink stone.  It takes a few minutes to make your ink and it is a very zen moment.  I should have lit a candle.

I had a bit of trouble because the ink just wouldn't stick in some places but I persevered here then is Rembrandt in Ink.

this is what is on my easel.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment