Friday 6 March 2015

I might become a Luddite (against technology)

So I went to Thailand and Cambodia.  The trip has taken a lot out of me and I am finding it hard to stay awake never mind function or paint.  Of course we came back to a lot of mail and every letter I opened needed a phone call.  My 2nd to last payment to my cell phone didn't go through because the date was wrong even though 10 previous payments went through and the last payment went through. The person on the phone was as befuddled as I was.  My credit card had a wonderful trip to NY and had 3 cash withdrawals.  The operator kept asking me if I was sure it wasn't my husband.  I am pretty sure I would remember if he didn't show up for dinner because he took a trip to NY. I am afraid of opening any more mail.

In Cambodia we took a tour down a river so dirty that  a drop of it splashing on my arm made me want to take a disinfecting shower. One million people live off this water with out plumbing but they do have tv dishes.

I don't even want to think of eating the fish from this water and I am pretty sure I wouldn't want to go in it.  Be glad that pictures don't have any smell. 


I did make a painting.  It has only 2 colours - Burnt Sienna and white. I am not sure if I will do anything more but at least it got me in the studio
  

I am extremely grateful for our life now.  I am glad I don't have to live with my whole family in one room and while it is extremely cold, inside we are warm.  Maybe I'll rethink the Luddite idea I would hate to give up my microwave, Ipad, dishwasher, etc.  

No comments:

Post a Comment