Sunday 29 March 2015

It takes a a village

I can't believe how long it takes to put on a show.  I think the paintings themselves are the easiest part.  I am not framing them but yet each one has to have hooks and wires (2 trips to the hardware store).  I can't do the twisting because I am an artist and have delicate hands (hey he bought it)


There has to be a final decision and of course Mully was involved.  I actually had 2 friends come over and help but they didn't want to be in the picture.  


The space is divided into 4 panels.  My friends split up the paintings in about 2 minutes  - it would have taken me hours. They also helped with the names.  Its funny how you agonize about the first 5 and then you slowly don't care. Just do it.


Labels have to be printed - one visit to a business center.


Each painting has to be glazed (1 trip to art store) and each label matched to the painting to make sure each one has a label. (here are 15 there are about 36 paintings in all - a lot of paint.) 


Still have to take them to the site hang them and then I seriously deserve some ice cream.  








No comments:

Post a Comment