Wednesday 30 September 2015

Day 30 Chanel herself

I thought I would end this series with a quote from the lady herself, so I googled her, big mistake.  She might not have written them herself (which doesn't make the quotes any less interesting) and she was not a nice person.  What she did during the war was disgusting,  associating with Nazis and firing 3000 women because they wanted better wages.  I almost wish I hadn't looked her up on Wikipedia, I haven't looked at the bottles in the same way.
  • The best things in life are free.  The second best are very expensive.
  • I don't do fashion - I am fashion.
  • The most courageous act is still to think for yourself aloud
  • Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman
  • Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself
  • In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different
All very tweetable, I picked this one;





Tomorrow I will talk about the 30 day challenge and why it is a great thing for me.  I think every artist would benefit from doing a challenge.


2 comments:

  1. I have adored following your "Chanel" series on the Leslie Saeta blog and am finally getting a chance to see them on your blog and read your stories. I love all of them - great job and congrats on finishing the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much - I loved doing the challenge but I am glad it is over. I can do laundry, walk the dog, cook etc, and paint something else besides that bottle

    ReplyDelete