Thursday 28 January 2016

Day 28 - Too Early for Flapjacks?

Tough choice for this quote.  I liked Bill Murray in a lot of movies, but there was a time I think I watched GroundHog Day about once a week.  My children would come in and complain but they would stay to watch.  There is something about the idea of time stopping and letting you catch up with things.  I like to think how great my painting skill would become.
Our favourite line was "Too Early for flapjacks? This is from IMDB.COM.
Supposedly Paul Lynde was the inspiration for one of the film's more famous lines. After a high-speed chase through the San Fernando Valley one night when he was driving recklessly while intoxicated, Lynde crashed his car into a mailbox. The police came to the car, guns drawn, and he lowered his window and said, "I'll have a cheeseburger, hold the onions, and a large Sprite." Another account has the scene inspired by an incident involving comedian Shecky Greene in Las Vegas. One night, while intoxicated, he drove his car into the big fountain in front of Caesar's Palace. As bystanders pulled him out, with water from the fountain raining down onto his car, he shouted, "Clean the floor mats and no hot wax!"
Too Early for FlapJacks
The other quote I was tempted to use was "It Just Doesn't Matter" from  Meatballs - his first starring movie.  His team is losing to another summer camp and everyone is sad. He rants over and over "It just doesn't matter" because even if they do win, the girls will still like the other team.  I think he said it a little better than me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment