Sunday 1 January 2017

Day 1 I DO

Happy New Year.

I feel miserable.  Partied, drank and ate too much.  Not a great way to start the 30 in 30 but being the strong personality I am, I will push through without complaining. Who am I kidding, I will moan the whole day, but nevertheless I will start the new year as I do every year with the intention of taking care of my blog and posting more.

I do like using the 30 in 30 as a way of trying something new with constraints.  I might have written about Dr. Seuss and the book "Green Eggs and Ham". He and his publisher had a $50.00 bet that he couldn't write a book with only 50 words. I think constraints force us to  become more creative. Green Eggs and Ham is pretty creative.

In the past 30 in 30 I have painted series of dogs, Rembrandt, actors and a perfume bottle.  The Channel perfume challenge really pushed me.  Last challenge I started painting roads but my husband sprung a real road trip on me and I only did 3 of them.

This time around I wanted to practice painting flowers, specifically bouquet (wedding or others) arrangements.  The painting has to also have the words "I DO".  Here goes.


I DO 5minutesfromcool.blogspot.ca
I DO
Dr. Seuss didn't collect on his bet, but he did have a best seller.

4 comments:

  1. Love the muted colors! The letters and message add a personal touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to see the paintings in this 30 day series! Love the first one!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dee Dee. I am gong to check your site to see what you are up to lately.

      Delete