Saturday 9 November 2013

Just call me square

The Visual arts centre of Montreal or really Westmount, has a fundraiser called the square affair.  (If you want to live in Westmount - Brian Mulroney's house is for sale.  He is our former Prime Minister.  It is just a small shack).
They gave out a square panel to 300 artists.   I could not paint on the surface - I felt just like when I  worked in watercolour - petrified in case I made a mistake. Instead I made 3 different plywood paintings and chose one. The dog won - the one on the right.  He's a good Dane not a great one.


I had to figure out a way to make it look like I did this on purpose. I am grateful to my husband who does all the framing work. We put a border on the inside, well he did but it was my idea.  I hope they accept this.

A very good Dane
  

No comments:

Post a Comment