Monday 13 January 2014

Mirror, mirror on the wall, what happened?

Obviously my mirror is warped - that is all I am going to say.
I admire Ray Turner's portraits and his style of painting.  So I picked one of his and decided to copy it and then paint my own, in his style.  Here is the original.  I feel like crying - I thought he caught a beautiful expression.  I would give my first born to paint such a beautiful painting.  Don't worry, my first born is out of the house and not mine to give away. Here is the drawing I did  and the painting.



And here is my version

Am I upset that it stinks.  No.  I just heard a cartoonist say that each cartoon he does is practice for the next day.  That is my new motto.  "Each yucky painting is practice for the next day."  

but I'm throwing away the mirror.  


No comments:

Post a Comment