Sunday 15 November 2015

Max the Happy Ogre


The weather sucks, I got rejected from a show, and have I mentioned that all of my old dental fillings have decided to fall out at once.  I am working on a project that is so depressing that I don't even want to talk about it.

In other words I was feeling down really down.  How low, well lower than Marvin.


Life Don't Talk to Me About it

I needed a break from the unmentionable project.  I searched my whole house for something to paint that would be happy.  And there it was.  Somehow saved from my endless bouts of decluttering was this little stuffed creature.  You would have to be an ogre not to smile at it and for all I know it might have been an ogre.



I quickly sketched some optional poses, picked one and did a value sketch 


I sketched on my canvas and then did an initial painting in 3 values - black, white and grey. The fun begins with the colour.  

Max 5minutesfromcool.blogspot.ca
Max the Happy Ogre


 Et voila - Max the Happy Ogre painted in Acrylic.  I am giving this as a gift to a brand new baby named Max.  Babies are good things.  They make me smile as did working on this painting.  There will be other shows and the sun will come out eventually and I feel better. Hope Max makes you smile too.

Lets not talk about the dentist.


1 comment:

  1. What a great way to get yourself out of a blue funk - by painting a blue ogre!

    ReplyDelete