Friday 22 January 2016

Day 22 I Got Vision

I really admire Paul Newman.  So many rich famous people ask us normals to give to charity, but Paul gave his own money, donating all the proceeds from his foods to charity.  Now I never had his salad dressing or any of the food products because they are not available in Canada, but I am impressed that they managed to raise over $450 million dollars US dollars which makes it about a trillion Canadian.

He had so many movies that I loved that it was hard to narrow down to one. Cool Hand Luke was great but the best quote "We have a failure to communicate" is not Paul's.  In The Sting the rub of nose is what you remember, but it is a line in Butch Cassidy that keeps coming back to me.

I got Vision
"I got vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals".  Love that line.  He also had a great sense of humour "“The embarrassing thing is that my salad dressing is out-grossing my films.”

Nothing to be embarrassed about, he did great.  

No comments:

Post a Comment