Thursday 8 October 2015

Thank you Carol Marine

I have 7 days left to complete 3 paintings.  Am I panicking no - because I am eating ice cream and playing candy crush, which doesn't seem to help the work.

One is in good shape,  there is something wrong with the middle one  and the other one I hate so much I sanded it down and even went to Michaels to buy a new canvas.  The cashier at Michaels is beginning to recognize me and if we start exchanging Christmas cards,  I will know that I am buying too many supplies and that the project is doomed.

But then, there was hope.   Carol Marine posted a picture and mentioned when she paints glass she paints the background and then puts in details which make it look like glass.  DUH!!!! In the immortal words of the Car Talk guys I need a dope slap.

The initial start
Something is very wrong



I painted in the background and now it looks more like glass.

There is hope, it feels better. Unfortunately I have to go to Michaels to get more black paint.  


P.S. If you don't know who the Car Talk guys are, listen to PBS Saturday at 10:00 am and you too can be "unencumbered by the thought process" .


1 comment:

  1. I'm curious to fund out what blog platform you happen to be
    working with? I'm having some minor security problems with my latest site and I would like to
    find something more secure. Do you have any suggestions?


    Take a look at my website - scuffle myth android cheats ()

    ReplyDelete