Saturday 10 October 2015

When is a Painting Finished

How do you know when a painting is finished?  Here are my criteria:

  1. I am just tired of looking at it
  2. Every change makes a bigger mess
  3. My studio is a disaster, because I am tend not clean up in a middle of a series or when I am panicking
  4. My husband is sick of looking at little details that make no difference to him, so he says it is time to put the wire on the back just to, well, shut me up
  5. And finally I hit the deadline for a show
Mully encouraging house cleaning
Mully chews up everything I leave on the floor.  That is a good sign it is time to put down the brushes and clean up

Here they are FINISHED.

S. Charto 5minutesfromcool.blogspot.ca
Dolce And Gabbana

S. Charto 5minutesfromcool.blogspot.ca
eau de toilette
 and finally
S. Charto 5minutesfromcool.blogspot.ca
No. 5
Here they are hanging in the dining room.



Yeah finished although the sides need touch ups.



No comments:

Post a Comment