Wednesday 14 February 2018

I QUIT

Sometimes it is okay, even good to be a quitter.  I have stopped doing the 30 in 30.  I found the pressure to paint and produce something everyday was hard.  I was making art and posting things that I wasn't proud of.  The point of the challenge was to encourage artists to paint everyday.  I paint everyday so I don't need the encouragement.  I don't want to post things just for the sake of producing things.

There is a story going around the internet that a teacher told one of his pottery classes they were  to be marked by the amount of pots made and the other class was to be marked by the quality of one pot.  The story ends with the students making the most pots doing better.  It is a lovely thought that if you keep working, you will produce great work. But I think if you make a whole lot of bad pots you end up with a lot of bad pots.

This painting  took me one day and I am proud of the work but it isn't finished and I will work on it tomorrow.

At least it isn't a pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment